Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Jobs that I could easily do if I weren't going to be a therapist

Sometimes I think about the things that I would be really good at if I didn't already had my career path ahead of me.

First of all, I would be a personal shopper. I spend my time in class and out in the world looking at people and how they dress and fixing it in my mind (not to be rude, but some of the social workers out there could use a little shopping therapy...I'm just saying). Chacos are NOT shoes to be worn day to day!!! Save them for the hike! Stacey London and I would totally be besties. Sometimes I want to dress horribly for 2 weeks and have someone nominate me for what not to wear so I can get $5000 to spend on clothes, but I go and look in my closet, and its just not possible....so, sigh, I shall not get a new wardrobe for free, but I might spend the money for one....

Secondly, I would be the best American Idol ever. Not for the talent, but for my shining personality....and my amazing talent. Sometimes (all the time) I sing in my car by myself, but since I started watching the Idol, I always think about how I would perform the songs on the show. I. AM. GOOD. I don't want to be famous and go on tour and sell record albums, just want to be on the show and win and then never do anything with it again.....except go on one of those "celebrity" reality shows and fall in love with one of the New kids on the Block or one of the Brady Bunch.

Thirdly, I could be a judge on American Idol. I am just as good as Simon. We always agree except on the weirdies with the dreds and the screaming voices. I also do a wicked mean impression of Kara and Paula. I'm sure that I could act just like them and do it for a whole lot less dinero.

And lastly, the job that I am most capable of and will be the best at, is.....drum roll please.......a trophy wife. I am blonde, have big boobs, and am very capable of shopping and spending money all day long (I might have accidently did some online shopping today that resulted in 3 dresses and a season of TV on DVD...oops). In addition, I am an excellent cook, like to clean, and would be very good at hiring a cook and a maid. I am pretty. I am capable of birthing lots of children. I am comfortable saying "I will let the staff take care of that." I look good as arm candy. I like diamonds (or at least I think I will). I have great taste in men's fashion and will be able to dress my man for some serious business (business socks included)...

And so, I bid farewell to my dreams of my alternate careers and look into my future as a second year grad student. This year I am interning with LDS family services working with their eating disorder clients.....it's like the same thing as being an American Idol, right?

4 comments:

  1. Syd you kill me! why dont you just quit grad school and become that trophy wife! sounds great! ha! I love you. Also, I get home in like 3 weeks and I EXPECT to see your beautiful face over a jamba! (or really anywhere...but for some reason we always go to jamba and Im not sure why!) LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would LOVE to see you as a judge on american idol. that show needs some new spunk!!! you ARE the trophy wife! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Syd--you make me laugh! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, yes. I love you and I KNOW that you would be the best trophy wife...I am a great cousin to trophy wives(in case you need one). You are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete