Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I watch TV, so what?

I tend to like to do reviews of the things that I watch....and they are usually bad reviews, but I have decided to review some of the things that I enjoy!

First, I watched the new show on NBC called Parenthood. I started watching for one reason and that is Lauren Graham. She is Lorelai Gilmore from the Gilmore Girls, essentially the greatest show ever. I LOVE HER in a totally straight non-lesbian way. I have some healthy self-esteem (if you didn't know already) and have never wanted to be anyone else other than me (except whoever Brad Pitt was dating) but I want to be Lorelai. She is funny and so quick witted and I love her STYLE, but I digress.

The show was a bit more dramatic than I first expected. I thought coming from Ron Howard (who did the most amazing Arrested Development) and thought it would be more like that. There were 2 things that are similiar to the AD 1- Bland (aka Ann) plays Lauren's daughter and 2- there is the one brother who is holding together all his siblings. I am not 100% sold yet, but we will see.

Next, I am LOVING absolutely LOVING the show Modern Family. I came in mid season and did just fine, so I think that you all can jump in. It is HILARIOUS! Here is the premise: There is a father (AL Bundy from Married with Children) who is married to a young hot Columbian lady named Gloria. She has a 10 year old son Manny who is essentially 10 going on 40. And hilarity ensues. Then Jay (Al Bundy) has 2 kids. Claire, who is married to Phil (oh, how I love Phil) and has 3 kids and Mitchell who is gay and married to a big old flaming gay man named Cameron. Nothing is better than Cameron. They have adopted a little girl named Lily from Vietnam. Jay calls her a fortune cookie (good old racist jokes. The PC people in my diversity class would be appauled and I applaud-bad Sydney!). When Mitchell and Cam announce Lily's adoption to the family, Cam dresses up in traditional African garb, turns on "The Circle of Life" and presents baby Simba at pride rock (aka their living room). I peed a little. Hilarity ensues.

Then there is Phil. He is almost half-retarded half genius. I LOVE HIM. When he gets a kidney stone, he is soooo dramatic! His kids come in and he says "Don't worry, Daddy will be ok." His son says "We know." Phil-"We don't know that." Then he folds over in pain and exclaims "oooh, its cancer!" Claire calls an ambulance and gets all dressed up for the fire fighters and Phil guilts her and Hilarity ensues. I love it. You should love it too. Here's a fireman clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii_Jto9MsSs

1 comment:

  1. Confession: I also watched The Parenthood for Lauren Graham and liked it enough to watch it again. I'm with you, though, we'll see. It seems solid enough.

    Modern Family: I feel like when some people tell me to watch something because it's funny, I don't always want to listen. But now that you've said so, I just might give up yet another 45 minutes of my life to hulu for said cause. Hulu because for some reason, that makes me feel less like I'm glued to my tv. Just my hulu. :)

    ReplyDelete