Monday, April 4, 2011

My lifetime regrets

You know, I am staring down at the ripe old age of 27 1/2. Yep, you heard me right. I am old. I am surprised I can still see enough to type this blog....but getting older in age is helping me to realize that there are some things that I have done and experienced that I absolutely regret doing, and if I could go back and change it, then I would. It is hard to live a life with regrets, so I am sending them out there to the universe to hopefully ease my conscience and help me to sleep at night.

Regret #1 This one is the hardest to admit, but I am going to be a grown-up and just say it. I have read all 4 Twilight books. And I liked some of them....well, the first one I liked the most. It sucked me in- promising me that perhaps someone strong and protective was out there for me, but alas, Edward failed me. He became controlling and lame and horrible and Robert Pattinson. Ew. Then I read the fourth book and it was AWFUL. Bella became selfish and awful and whiney and the worst character ever written. She single handedly took the women's rights movement back 30 years.

Regret #2 I watched 2 of the Twilight movies. I should have learned my lesson. They were both so very bad. I did enjoy Taylor Lautner's abs, but he is young and therefore I am gross. And because I saw the second movie, that means I saw Robert Pattinson shirtless. Let me tell you, its not pretty and it is forever burned into my memory....

Regret #3 I saw Time Traveler's Wife. See previous post about the horrid nature of this movie.

Regret #4 I regret not kissing a few gentlemen callers in the past. None of them are from high school. I just want to make that clear. I sincerely regret not being more slutty in the past. My roommates and I read a study where the average person kisses 27 people in their lifetime. Let's just say that I might be WAY behind on that and am now set in my ways, therefore, I don't think its going to happen. But then again, if I never marry (which is likely given my abrasive personality) I might reach that by the time I am 100...ok, probably not. But if I was sluttier, I could have gotten more presents from men, specifically jewelry.

Regret #5 Not having a trust fund.

Regret #6 I regret being so awesome. Ok, I don't. I am awesome.

7 comments:

  1. yeah, i'd regret twilight too if i ever read those...ha, ha! i like how you specifically mention that you don't regret kissing anyone from high school :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you. You are adorable. I think you are pretty awesome and I miss our face and personality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know there's one you regret not kissing after he took you to prom sophomore year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also regret not having a trust fund. But you'll find a sugar daddy and totally be ok. Watch out Boston!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Either you've been misinformed or I did something wrong because I had plenty of slutty moments in the past and dont have any presents or jewelery to show for it.... hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have not heard from me in FOREVER but.. anyway.. we have similar regrets.. I regret that unfortunately, I also read the Twilight Books. What was I thinking? Well, I was drunk.. so that's my excuse. The movies? Not the same excuse. My bad. Also .. there's always time to be slutty :) I won't lie.. it can be fun.

    ReplyDelete